Coronavirus Information and Precautions
September 7, 2022
Dear Residents and Families,
We are pleased to inform you that Sierra Valley Rehab Center continues is now COVID-19 free. We will continue to test our residents and staff as clinically indicated.
Our facility has adequate staffing and an adequate supply of personal protective equipment (PPE).
Our healthcare team has been doing heroic work and will continue to perform their duties. All of us at Sierra Valley Rehab Center genuinely care about the safety and well-being of our residents.
We are in regular communication with Tulare County Health and Human Services and CDPH. We continue to implement all current CMS, CDC, and CDPH guidelines regarding COVID-19.
We encourage both residents and loved ones to continue communicating with each other by email or enjoying time on Zoom, FaceTime, or Skype.
If you have a family member in our care and would like an update on his or her condition, please call our facility at (559) 784-7375. You can also visit our website https://svsnf.com/ for additional helpful information and visit these links to the CDC (https://www.cdc.gov/) and CMS (https://www.cms.gov/) websites.
On August 5, 2021, the California Department of Public Health issued a new Public Health Order in response to an increase in the number of COVID cases in California attributable to the Delta variant of the coronavirus.
Though there are no positive cases in our facility, the Public Health Order is applicable to all healthcare facilities including skilled nursing facilities such as ours, regardless of the presence or absence of positive COVID-19 cases.
The Public Health Order applies only to indoor visitation. Summarily, visitors must either:
- Provide verifiable proof of full vaccination for each visitor; or
- Provide verifiable documentation of a negative SARS-Co-2 test taken within 72 hours of visitation.
Verifiable proof of full vaccination must be any of the following:
- COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card (issued by the Department of Health & Human Services, CDC or WHO Yellow Card); or
- A photo of the Vaccination Record Card as a separate document; or
- A photo of the client’s Vaccination Record Card stored on a phone or electronic device; or
- Documentation of COVID-19 vaccination from a healthcare provider; or
- A digital record that includes a QR code that when scanned by a SMART Health Card reader displays to the reader client name, date of birth, vaccine dates and vaccine type. The QR code must also confirm the vaccine record as an official record of the State of California; or
- Documentation of vaccination from other contracted employers who follow these vaccination records guidelines and standards.
If testing supplies are available, we will endeavor to provide COVID-19 testing at the facility upon your arrival.
Of course, if your loved one is in critical condition and in the final phase of life, you are exempted from the above requirements.
Further, regardless of vaccination status or test result, you must:
- Always wear a well-fitting face mask (a surgical mask or double mask) upon entry and within the facility;
- Wear any other personal protective equipment while in the resident’s room that facility staff deem appropriate to the situation; and
- Physically distance from health care personnel and other residents and visitors which are not part of your group at all times while in the facility.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.